Presented by Alumni Relations
The Victoria University Alumni community includes 254,000 graduates living and working in over 136 countries. If you are a graduate from VU, Victoria University Polytechnic or any of our predecessor institutions you automatically become a lifelong member of our alumni community.
Our alumni live the VU values of Always WEST: Welcoming, Ethical, Shaping the future, being Together every day, and this award, proudly supported by the Alumni Relations team, has been designed to help the recipient receive the best chance of achieving their goals as they transition from student to employee.
This peak award includes a 12 month mentorship from an alumni leader in your industry and a prize to help you kick start your professional wardrobe.
- Must be a student at Victoria University completing or just completed their FINAL year of study in 2020
- Must have participated in at least one VU Leadership Activity (e.g. LEAD Program, Student Leadership Council, Clubs Executive, VU Academy, VU Hanger, Talent Connect etc.)
- Outline how you have made strong progress with your academic pursuits during your time at VU.
- Describe how you have made clear and positive voluntary contributions to their community; which may be the student community and/or the broader community. Please differentiate as clearly as possible between voluntary and paid work.
- Please give examples of how you operate in a way that encourages and supports inclusion, diversity, excellence and respect.
- Outline how you plan to interact with, and get the most from, your mentor experience if you are the recipient of the award.
- Provide any further information to support your nomination which has not already been provided in the Award criteria responses. This may include, for example, any particular challenges you have overcome in your journey to success and any information not covered by the Award criteria that may support the overall nomination.
Optional additional information
Provide supporting testimonials from lecturers, colleagues, community leaders or peers to demonstrate why you are deserving of this award.