In your final year of undergraduate study, access online library modules to support your career search and prepare for work or further study.
You must be enrolled as a VU student to access the following interactive self-paced modules in VU Collaborate.
Researching your career
Research your future career and explore opportunities for professional development with the module Inquiry: Researching your Career.
While working through the module, create a personalised document of the most useful resources relevant for your career path:
- career resources for the big picture
- lists of professional associations and trade and professional publications
- open access resources
- information about career and job clusters
- VU Careers Support.
At the end of the module, you can export the document for future reference and guidance.
Pursuing a research career
If you are planning to undertake a higher degree by research, complete the module The Researcher skills and attributes: Pursuing a research career to find out how to develop the skills and attributes to become a successful researcher.
The module will introduce you to resources and strategies to develop:
- creativity and originality
- cognitive abilities – critical thinking, evaluating, problem solving
- self-management – commitment, work/life balance, time management
- personal qualities – enthusiasm, self-confidence, perseverance.
Becoming a digital citizen
To be ready for work or further study, complete the module Digital Citizenship to:
- improve your digital literacy skills to find and evaluate information
- learn tips on how to stay safe online
- create online content and interact appropriately online
- maintain digital health and wellness.