Nominations are open from 29 July 2019 to August 2019 for upcoming student vacancies on Academic Board.
Academic Board is the principal academic and education advisory body in the University, reporting to and advising the Council. This is an opportunity to be more involved in university life and bring student perspective and experience to University decision-making noting members must act in the interest of the whole University rather than that of their constituencies. The Academic Board traditionally meets on the first Wednesday of the Month (9.00am - 12.00midday) with exception to January and July.
- one student elected by and from students enrolled in a higher education degree by research course of study;
- one student elected by and from onshore international students.
Students eligible to nominate for this position on the Academic Board must be either:
- enrolled in a higher education degree by research course of study, or
- enrolled as an onshore international student.
Student candidates must complete all sections of the nomination form, and are invited to submit a policy statement of up to 200 words in support of their nomination.
Download the nomination forms:
- Nomination form for Higher Education Degree by Coursework
- Nomination form for Onshore International.
Important dates for student election
- Nominations open Monday 29 July 2019 at 9.00am AEST
- Closing date Friday 9 August 2019 at 4.00pm AEST: all nominations must be received by Governance and Secretariat Unit by this time. Email nominations to: [email protected]
- Election opens A ballot will be required if more than one nomination is received for a category. It will be conducted from 9.00am AEST, Monday 26 August 2019
- Election closes at 4.00pm AEST Friday 9 September 2019.
Find out more
If you wish to find out more about the Academic Board you are encouraged to:
- access the Academic Board website
- view the FAQs about election to the Academic Board
- email [email protected].