The Council nominates and appoints members of the Compliance Audit and Risk Committee. It will have the following membership:
i. at least three external members of Council who are able to contribute the broad skills base relevant to the Committee’s business, one of whom will be the Chair
ii. up to four independent members external to the University with skills and experience including:
- formal accounting qualifications with current certification;
- significant, recent and relevant experience in financial auditing;
- specialist knowledge and expertise in risk management;
- specialist knowledge and expertise in regulatory compliance including educational regulations; and/or
- experience of university operations.
iii. Of the members outlined in 4a(i) and 4a(ii), at least one member should have formal financial accounting or auditing qualifications
iv. Of the members outlined in 4a(i) and 4a(ii), at least one member must have expertise/experience of risk management and compliance within complex operating environments
v. the Chair of the Academic Board.