As a condition of your visa, you must arrange health insurance for the duration of your study and your visa.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) provided by Allianz Global Assistance is the preferred provider for VU. OSHC offers competitive rates and broad coverage of medical conditions and treatment. You can see what is included in the OSHC offered by VU on the Allianz website.

If you indicated that you would like VU to arrange Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) on your behalf, you'll need to include payment to VU. We will then arrange OSHC cover.

If you wish to arrange health insurance through your education agent or another provider, you should carefully compare the premium fee and the items covered by the insurance, since some health insurance policies do not cover all expenses that you may incur in the course of medical treatment.

Once you've arranged your OSHC insurance, Allianz Global Assistance has an OSHC service on campus that can help you with:

  • claims
  • extending your health cover
  • understanding costs and premiums.

Health cover advice on campus

You can get advice about health cover from an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) representative at the following places and times:

City Flinders Campus
Ground floor arcade (VUHQ)
10am - 4pm
Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

Footscray Park Campus
Building M, Level 1, Room 111
10am - 2pm
Every Monday

Please note that times may change occasionally due to unforeseen circumstances.