Receiving your CoE
Visa conditions & changes
You must comply with all conditions attached to your visa, including leaving Australia when your visa expires (except in extremely limited cases).
If the length of your study is shortened or extended, it is your responsibility to contact the Department of Home Affairs to advise them of the change.
Extending your studies
If you want to extend your studies, you need to apply to extend your CoE. Extending your studies in only possible in some cases.
Your application must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- compassionate or compelling circumstances, such as:
- serious injury or illness
- death of close family member
- a traumatic experience
- changes to the course structure or subject availability.
- evidence of an intervention strategy (e.g. study plan) if you have been identified as at-risk of not meeting satisfactory course progress
- approved leave of absence or suspension of study.
Please note: financial difficulties or homesickness do not qualify as compelling circumstances.