The eligibility requirements relate to postgraduate (coursework) applicants applying from Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mauritius, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Vietnam.
- be enrolled a full-time study load (48 credit points in each study period)
- maintain a 60 Weighted Average Mark (WAM) across the two previous study periods.
This is calculated after attempting every 96 credit points to receive the scholarship in subsequent semesters.
Master of Counselling applicants are now eligible for the VU International Excellence Scholarship (replacing the Master of Counselling Global Scholarship).
Terms and conditions:
- Students who choose to reduce their study load are not eligible, unless their study plan does not permit them to study 48 credit points in each study period.
- Students who have received advanced standing/credit transfer into the VU qualification are ineligible.
- Students who have received a scholarship or sponsorship from another organisation are ineligible for these scholarships.
- Students enrolled in a course delivered in trimesters, subsequent scholarship payments will only be made following successful completion of every 48 credit points.
- Eligibility will be determined by a student’s academic results.
- The scholarship is not refundable, convertible to cash, or transferable to another individual, commencing study period, or course.
- The VU International Excellence Scholarship is awarded, at the discretion of the University.
- The VU COVID-19 International Scholarship remains valid while the student pays all tuition and additional fees/costs in full by census date each study period, and meets the conditions of their student visa.
- Victoria University may make changes to these terms and conditions without notice.
- There is no right of appeal should the student be unsuccessful in securing the scholarship, or has the scholarship withdrawn.