The amount you pay for your course and what fee help you are eligible to receive depends on your study level and whether you are a domestic or international student.

Domestic undergraduate or postgraduate (by coursework) students are either Commonwealth supported or full-fee paying. Maximum fees are set each year for a full time study load, and may need to be paid up-front or (if eligible) deferred as a loan to be repaid later.

Domestic Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students may be eligible to receive a Research Training Program (RTP) fee offset place to cover the cost of study.

International students pay set fees up front each semester (indexed annually). Fees displayed on course pages are subject to change, so please contact us to confirm the amount.

TAFE students can find information about TAFE course fees and Free TAFE for priority courses on the Victoria University Polytechnic website.

Domestic or international?

You are a domestic student, also called an Australian resident if you:

  • are an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
  • are an Australian permanent resident; or
  • hold a permanent Australian humanitarian visa.

You are an international student if you:

  • do not fit any of the above criteria; and
  • hold a temporary visa (or are seeking to apply for one).