Find out how to contact us about any issue or concern related to research conducted by Victoria University.

Concern or complaint process

The University and its staff and students are bound by the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research. The Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research has broad relevance across all research disciplines, guiding institutions and researchers in responsible research practices.

If you are concerned about a researcher not conducting research responsibly and in accordance with the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research or the Victoria University Research Integrity Policy and Procedure, please contact us.

If you have an issue or concern related to research involving VU, you may wish to contact a Research Integrity Advisor (RIA). RIAs are experienced researchers who have volunteered to provide confidential and independent advice to students, staff and people outside VU who are concerned about our research. A RIA can assist by helping you to clarify any issues impacting on your research and assist you in making an informed decision about how to proceed.

The University takes seriously all concerns, complaints, and allegations, including those that are made anonymously. Complainants will, as far as practicable, be kept updated about the process of investigating and responding to their concern/complaint.

On receiving a concern or complaint materials will be reviewed to:

If you have a complaint, concern or question about research conduct at the Victoria University, please complete the form below (which can be anonymous) or email us at [email protected].

Express a concern or complaint

If you wish to raise a concern or make a complaint regarding research conduct or a potential breach of the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research 2018 (‘the Code’) please complete this form.

Anonymous submissions

If you submit an anonymous submission, our office will only be able to consider it based on the information provided, as we will not be able to seek clarification from you or provide you with any updates.

Submit a concern

Information marked with an asterisk "*" is required.

Can you identify which parts of the Australian Research Integrity Code or relevant processes that may have been breached?

Letter of concern or complaint

If you have a letter of concern or complaint, you can email it to us at [email protected].