Facing our current climate emergency, there has never been a more critical time to work towards planetary health in a way that empowers and provides hope to young people.
The Living Lab is a circular, regenerative precinct that emphasises innovation in planetary health. It leverages regenerative food systems to innovatively grow ways of belonging, nourishing, learning and thriving.
Working with award winning social enterprise, STREAT, this project will include a series of projects and initiatives that engage VU students and young people in new ways of learning to equip them with the skills to become future innovators and empowered to contribute to environmental action and change.
Our research achievements
This research has:
- provided an opportunity for students to immerse themselves in community-based experiential learning and research that takes place within a thriving social enterprise environment
- empowered VU students and young people to take innovative eco/social action
- included VU students in action research and knowledge generation in environmental education and initiatives
- increased young people’s knowledge, awareness, and connection to place through engagement with Indigenous and cultural foodscapes and environmental action
- developed and created systemic resilience for young people in the local area
- produced .