On this page you’ll find tips and techniques for remote teaching to give students confidence studying online.
Influenced by the pandemic, VU transitioned from a blended approach to remote teaching. The basis of blended and remote teaching are the same. However, remote teaching makes use of new technology and forms of teaching and interaction with students.
At VU, all remote block mode classes are small (~30 students), active and engaged. In our block classes:
- you get to know your students in intimate, synchronous online environments via Zoom
- you support students asynchronously through structured self-directed learning via VU Collaborate
- a mix of both modes of learning are used over the three hours that block classes are scheduled
- your students may come on campus for specific lab or practical activities
- students learn hands-on and practical skills with and from each other through active inquiry and the use of simulations and virtual labs.