VU Library would like to thank all students and staff who completed the 2017 Library Client Survey.
Thanks to your positive response to our survey, VU Library is in the top 25% of academic libraries that have participated in the Library Client Survey over recent years.
We have increased our overall score by 2% since the previous Library Client Survey in 2015.
What we're doing well
You told us that we have improved in all four categories surveyed:
- service delivery
- facilities and equipment
- information resources.
You identified the following top five performing services/facilities:
- wireless access
- self-service (e.g. self-check loans, requests, renewals, holds)
- off-campus access to library resources and services
- printing, scanning and photocopying facilities
- library opening hours.
Ways we can improve
We know that there are always ways we can improve our services and facilities to better meet your learning and research needs.
In the 2017 Library Client Survey, you indicated that it was important to have access to:
- quiet places to study and places for group study
- better computers, additional spaces for laptop use, and printing services at reduced prices
- useful digital resources to support your learning and research
- textbooks including e-textbooks
- library customer services.
We value your feedback and will work toward a solution to improve our services and facilities.
If you have any other ideas for ways we can improve, we'd love to hear from you.