Take up the leadership opportunity of a lifetime and travel while earning credits towards your degree.
Victoria University and the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) have been working in partnership for more than 10 years. To celebrate this decade of collaboration, the universities are hosting a unique student exchange program where accepted students are guaranteed paid employment at UTEP.
The semester-long exchange begins in mid-August 2018. Applications close on Monday 19 March.
El Paso is a historic city on the US Mexican border with a rich Hispanic culture.
What's on offer
- Four units of study as part of your course.
- A VU Study Overseas Grant of $2,000 to assist with expenses.
- The possibility of taking out an OS-HELP loan of up to $6,665 (eligibility requirements apply; the loan becomes part of your HECS debt).
- A paid position of up to 19 hours a week while you study.
- The chance to participate in UTEP’s Student Leadership Conference and their Student Leadership Program.
To be eligible for this exchange program, you need to:
- be a current domestic student studying a bachelor degree with VU
- have already completed eight units in your degree prior to departure
- have enough space in your degree to take a full-time semester load
- have a minimum 60% credit average in your studies
- have approval from your course coordinator for the units you wish to study at UTEP.
Nursing, osteopathy and paramedic students cannot apply due to the structured nature of their degree programs.
How to apply
Email email@example.com with:
- your CV/resume
- your most recent academic transcript
- a personal statement of 200 words on why you would like to be considered for this opportunity.
Important 2018 dates
- Applications close: Monday 19 March
- Interview and acceptance process: mid-March
- Pre-departure workshops: April–June
- First day of class at UTEP: mid-August
- Last day of class at UTEP: early December