Take up the leadership opportunity of a lifetime! Travel while earning credits towards your degree.
Victoria University and the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) have been working in partnership for more than 10 years. To celebrate this history of collaboration, our two universities are hosting a student exchange program with a difference: students accepted will be guaranteed paid employment at UTEP!
Applications close at 9am on Friday 31 March, so apply now! The semester-long exchange will begin in early August 2017.
El Paso is an historic town on the US Mexican border, with a rich Hispanic culture.
What's on offer
- Four units of study as part of your course.
- A VU Study Overseas Grant of $2,000 to assist with expenses.
- The possibility of taking out an OS-HELP loan of up to $6,567 (eligibility requirements apply; the loan becomes part of your HECS debt).
- A paid position of up to 19 hours a week while you are studying.
- The chance to participate in UTEP’s Student Leadership Conference and their Student Leadership Program.
To be eligible for this exchange program, you need to:
- be a current domestic student studying a bachelor degree with Victoria University
- have already completed eight units in your degree
- have enough space in your degree to take a full-time semester load.
- have a minimum 60% credit average in your studies.
- have approval from your course coordinator for the units you wish to study at UTEP.
Unfortunately, nursing, osteopathy and paramedic students cannot apply due to the structured nature of their degree programs.
How to apply
Email email@example.com with:
- your CV/resume
- your most recent academic transcript
- a personal statement of 200 words on why you would like to be considered for this opportunity.
- Applications close: 9am, 31 March 2017
- Interview and acceptance process: April–May
- Pre-departure workshops: April–June
- First day of class at UTEP: 14 August 2017
- Last day of class at UTEP: 8 December 2017