VU is calling for our higher degree by research students to nominate peers for a student position on the VU Academic Board.
This is an opportunity to be more involved in university life and bring student perspective and experience to University decision-making.
The vacancy is for one student, elected by and from students enrolled in a higher degree by research course of study.
The term will commence once duly elected and will cease on 31 October 2018.
The membership of the Academic Board includes ex-officios, elected members and appointed members. Members must act in the interest of the whole University rather than that of their constituents.
To be eligible to nominate for this position, you must be a student enrolled in a higher degree by research course of study.
Nominations process & form
Please complete all sections of the nomination form. You are also invited to submit a policy statement of up to 200 words.
- Download the Academic Board Nomination Form for Higher Degree by Research Student
- Email the completed form to [email protected].
Important dates for Academic Board student election
- Nominations open: Monday 2 July 2018 at 9am AEST
- Nominations close: Thursday 12 July 2018 at 5pm AEST; all nominations must be received by Governance and Secretariat Unit by this time
- Election opens: 9am AEST, Monday 23 July 2018 (if more than one nomination is received for a category)
- Election closes: 5pm AEST, Friday 3 August 2018
Find out more
To find out more about the Academic Board, read the following:
- information about the Academic Board
- FAQs about election to the Academic Board
- Academic Board meeting dates for the balance of 2018
If you have any other questions, please email [email protected].