As a new or continuing student, complete five academic integrity modules online to ensure your assignments reflect VU’s academic integrity values.
Complete academic integrity modules online to improve your assignment skills and study with academic integrity at VU. Learn how to locate and use credible sources, read efficiently, take good notes, refer to other people’s work and ideas with integrity, work with others, and revise your work to ensure academic integrity.
Academic integrity at VU
Academic work must comply with VU’s Academic Integrity Policy and reflect the values outlined in the policy:
Breaching academic integrity includes:
- contract cheating
- submitting work prepared by another person
- cheating in exams.
Complete the modules online
The academic integrity modules provide knowledge and skills to study in an ethical way and set the foundation for a successful career.
- Module 1: academic integrity, principles and practices within the academic environment
- Module 2: working under pressure and working with others with academic integrity; locating and using credible sources
- Module 3: reading efficiently; taking good notes; referring to other people’s work and ideas with integrity; revising your work to ensure academic integrity
- Module 4: reflecting on challenges through scenarios; showing academic integrity when working with others; making decisions which demonstrate your knowledge
- Module 5: identifying academic integrity requirements of assessable work; identifying differences between self-plagiarism and ethical re-use of work.
Get your certificate
When you successfully complete the five modules and associated quizzes, you will be notified within VU Collaborate or via your student email that you have earned the Academic Integrity Certificate of Achievement.
To download your certificate, see the Academic Integrity Student Guide.
Study with academic integrity
Refer to Library Guide Academic Integrity at VU for strategies to avoid plagiarism and reference with integrity.