Complete five academic integrity modules online in the new Academic Integrity HQ to improve your assessment skills and study with academic integrity at VU.
Learn how to locate and use credible sources, read efficiently, take good notes, refer to other people’s work and ideas with integrity, work with others, and revise your work to ensure academic integrity.
Academic integrity at VU
Breaching academic integrity includes:
- contract cheating
- submitting work prepared by another person
- cheating in exams.
The Academic Integrity Policy has been updated to include a , and outline when artificial intelligence models (such as ChatGPT) are used without acknowledgement. Refer to for using text generating tools in assessments.
Complete the modules online
The academic integrity modules provide knowledge and skills to study in an ethical way and set the foundation for a successful career.
Complete each module and related quiz in one go. If you run out of time to complete a module in one go, select the option to retake content.
Here’s a quick guide on how to complete the modules on a computer:
- Log in to and go to the new to self-enrol. Even if you have completed one or more modules in 2022, you need to self-enrol in the new HQ to complete the remaining modules.
- Click on the ‘Content’ tab and within the table of contents, select a module under ‘Academic Integrity Course Overview’
- Module 1: academic integrity, principles and practices within the academic environment
- Module 2: working under pressure and working with others with academic integrity; locating and using credible sources
- Module 3: reading efficiently; taking good notes; referring to other people’s work and ideas with integrity; revising your work to ensure academic integrity
- Module 4: reflecting on challenges through scenarios; showing academic integrity when working with others; making decisions which demonstrate your knowledge
- Module 5: identifying academic integrity requirements of assessable work; identifying differences between self-plagiarism and ethical re-use of work.
Get your certificate
When you successfully complete the five modules and associated quizzes, you will be notified within VU Collaborate or via your student email that you have earned the Academic Integrity Certificate of Achievement.