Research Ambassadors at Victoria University provide peer-to-peer support to research students (including honours students) and research staff.
Research students can book an online appointment, with Research Ambassadors for help with building their research skills and for a chat about their research or student experience.
Research students can seek help with building the following research skills:
- candidature preparation
- writing support for literature review, research proposal and thesis chapters
- data and file management
- research design and methodology
- mathematical modelling
- IT troubleshooting
- Library research databases.
See the Research Ambassador profiles and book an appointment:
Note that appointments are not available on public and university holidays.
Research or student experience
Research students can also chat with a Research Ambassador about their transition and personal development, including:
- cultural transition: adapting to living in Australia
- academic transition: adapting to life as a research student or staff and its associated challenges
- campus transition: finding services and staff for appropriate support (referral service)
- ideas and questions in relation to candidature
- questions where they are not sure who to ask – the Research Ambassadors will direct them to the relevant training or VU services to help answer their questions.
Contact a Research Ambassador
The Research Ambassadors are available for online appointments only throughout the year, except on Victorian public holidays or University closures. Bookings are required for all online appointments.