Payment options for student & visitor parking
Hours of operation
- Paid parking at campuses other than Werribee (including public holidays): 8.30am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Werribee Campus paid parking (including public holidays): 24 hours, 7 days per week.
* Note that using the EasyPark app incurs an additional transaction fee on top of the amounts stated.
All campuses except Footscray Park & City campuses:
- $2.20 for 2 hours
- $5.50 for all-day parking.
Footscray Park Campus:
- $1.60 for 2 hours
- $4 for all-day parking.
Download EasyPark from:
To pay for parking using the EasyPark app:
- Register your details and payment method (you only need to set this up once)
- Enter your vehicle registration
- Enter the parking area code displayed on signage around the car park
- Set your parking time
Additional fees for EasyPark app
There are transaction fees for using the app. The packages are:
- EasyPark casual user – for those that don’t pay to park often. There is no monthly fee, and you pay 10% per transaction.
- EasyPark saver – for those that park 2-3 times per week or more. This option involves a monthly fee of $1.99, plus 2.25% transaction fee, which is more cost effective for regular users.
Parking meters accept coins only. All you need is your licence plate details to enter into the meter and choose the 2-hour or all-day parking option.
Parking meters only accept $2, $1, 50c, 20c and 10c and do not provide change.
University car parks are regulated by the Road Safety Act 1986 and its associated regulations.
- A charge for parking applies (refer to 'hours of operation' above for paid-parking times).
- A daily permit or digital ticket allows you park at any campus on the day of issue.
- For safety reasons, the speed limit in all VU campuses is 10kph.
- Users park at their own risk. University Management will not accept responsibility for any damage, accidents or losses.
- Accessible parking spaces are available on each campus. You need to display a current Category 1 Municipal Disable Parking Permit.
- Cars not parked according to car park signs will be fined.
Parking infringement notices
Parking infringement notices (PINs) are issued to vehicles parked contrary to the requirements of the car park signage.
Staff parking permits
Staff can salary package University parking permits and purchase annual permits through the parking office. Full details are available on the . You can have the fee automatically deducted from your fortnightly pay. Staff can park in E Permit or P Meter areas.
If you have a VU one-day scratchy permit, these may be used in either E Permit or P Meter areas.
Re-applying for permits
Staff who wish to have an E Permit or Reserved Permit, including current permit holders, will need to . This is due to the time that has passed since permits were active and to accommodate the development of new processes.