This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to identify and comply with legislation, policy and industrial instruments that relate to the education support worker role in school settings.
Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce & extend knowledge and skill competence within set & controlled parameters in accordance with each unit’s learning outcomes & performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
• complete at least one activity in each of the following areas of practice according to legal requirements:
• completion of documentation
• health, safety and wellbeing
• emergency response
• develop appropriate responses to two issues relevant to the work role:
• one legal issue or ethical dilemma
• one issue requiring application of policy or legislation.
The qualified trainer and assessor will provide teaching and learning materials as required in the form of workbooks produced by the Polytechnic and/or via the Polytechnic e-learning system. Students will be provided with two texts books to assist with their learnings: •Karen Kearns Supporting Education text book •English Grammar
This unit is studied as part of the following course(s):