This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to coordinate the delivery, receipt and handling of roofing materials on a site.
Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce & extend knowledge and skill competence within set & controlled parameters in accordance with each unit’s learning outcomes & performance criteria requirements, incl the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
* assessing roofing material requirements from the plans and specifications of a roofing project
* locating, interpreting and applying relevant information, standards and specifications to receiving roofing materials
* sequencing material delivery to correspond with a planned construction project
* receiving the materials (including the location of spot points) and securing arrangements, ensuring:
* application of sustainability principles and concepts
* correct identification of requirements and details of their delivery
* correct selection and use of appropriate processes, tools and equipment
* completing all work to specification
* compliance with safety regulations, standards and organisational quality procedures and processes
* communicating and working effectively and safely with others.
The qualified trainer and assessor will advise students of class notes, reading materials produced by VU Polytechnic and further support via VU Polytechnic e-learning system and/or in person.
This unit is studied as part of the following course(s):