Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- literacy skills to read relevant, familiar written instructions and diagrams, including maps and street directories, and;
- communication skills to use the formal and informal language of position.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- signs/prints/symbols represent meaning in diagrams, maps and street directories;
- key features and conventions such as distance, directions, simple scales, labels, symbols and keys on maps and plans;
- informal and formal oral and written mathematical language of position and location, and;
- position and location to give and follow directions.