Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
A person who demonstrates competency in this unit must erect and dismantle one modular scaffolding system up to four metres, including three bays (one with a return), one lift with ladder, and fall and edge protection.
In doing this, the person must meet the performance criteria for this unit.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
*processes for identifying and incorporating into planning for erecting and dismantling scaffolding up to 4 metres
*task and workplace-specific information, including:
- diagrams and sketches
- engineering design specifications and manufacturers' specifications
- safety date sheets (SDSs)
- regulatory and legislative requirements pertaining to erecting and dismantling restricted height scaffolding
- relevant Australian Standards.
*safe work procedures related to erecting and dismantling restricted height scaffolding including job safety analysis (JSA) and safe work method statement (SWMS), risk control measures and equipment, including:
- signage and barricades
- verbal, written and graphical instructions
- work schedules, plans and specifications
- scaffolding and material requirements
- expected loadings on scaffolding and supporting structures
- site access and egress routes.
- selecting and checking plant, tools and equipment and rectifying or reporting faults
- establishing footings for scaffolding up to 4 metres
- erecting and dismantling scaffolding up to 4 metres in accordance with regulations, planned risk prevention and control measures, acceptable safe work practices and manufacturers' specifications
- inspecting critical structural and safety areas of scaffolding for damage, corrosion and wear
- checking current use of scaffolding for compliance with type of scaffolding equipment
- cleaning, checking, maintaining and storing plant, tools and equipment.