Are you an aspiring young entrepreneur? VU’s annual 'I Plan a Business' (iPAB) competition gives you the chance to apply your creativity and business skills to win amazing prizes.
The competition is open now to Year 10 and 11 business students in secondary schools across Victoria.
To enter the competition, you must create a business plan for an original business or social enterprise.
Category 1: Business
Division A: Open to individual Year 10 or 11 students in Victoria
Division B: Open to groups of Year 10 or 11 students in Victoria (maximum of 4 per group)
Category 2: Social enterprise
Division C: Open to individual or group of Year 10 or 11 students in Victoria (maximum of 4 per group)
How to enter
The 2017 iPAB competition is now open. It closes on Friday 30 June 2017 at 5pm.
You can enter as a team of up to four people, or as an individual. Entry is free.
To enter, come up with an original idea for a business (Category 1) or social enterprise (Category 2) and develop a brief business plan in accordance with the guidelines.
- Download and read the iPAB Guidelines for important information to get you started.
- Register your interest, using the form below, to receive updates about the competition.
- Complete the online entry form and include your business plan to submit your entry.
Cash prizes of $500 are awarded to the winners in each division.
Last year's competition
In 2016, a total of 290 business students from 25 schools across Victoria competed.
Previous winners included:
- an artificial year-round outdoor ski slope created with innovative snow technology
- a drive through supermarket
- a ‘pay it forward’ restaurant where patrons could pre-purchase a meal for someone in need.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the 2017 competition, or register your interest below.
Register your interest for the 2017 iPAB competition
Use this form to register your interest to receive up-to-date information about the 2017 competition.