Applications are ranked on the basis of merit with preference given to applicants who pursue a research degree in one of Victoria University’s areas of research focus.
As a graduate research scholarship applicant you are required (within the application form) to name the Areas of Research Priority and Field of Research (FoR) Code which most closely aligns with your area of research.
Areas of Research Priority and Field of Research (FoR) Codes:
- 5201 - Applied and developmental psychology
- 3801 - Applied Economics
- 4901 - Applied Mathematics
- 4602 - Artificial intelligence
- 3101 - Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- 3302 - Built environment & Design
- 4004 - Chemical Engineering
- 4005 - Civil Engineering
- 5203 - Clinical and health psychology
- 3504 - Commercial Services
- 4402 - Criminology
- 4702 - Cultural Studies
- 3901 - Curriculum and Pedagogy
- 4606 - Distributed computing and systems software
- 3103 - Ecology
- 3903 - Education Systems
- 4008 - Electrical Engineering
- 3006 - Food Sciences
- 4303 - Historical Studies
- 45 - Indigenous Studies
- 4609 - Information Systems
- 4017 - Mechanical Engineering
- 3208 - Medical Physiology
- 4205 - Nursing
- 3210 - Nutrition and Dietetics
- 4407 - Policy and Administration
- 4206 - Public Health
- 5205 - Social and personality psychology
- 4410 - Sociology
- 3904 - Specialist Studies In Education
- 4207 - Sports science and exercise
- 3508 - Tourism
Identifying a supervisor
Supervisors are active researchers working within VU's institutes and research centres. They provide guidance and support throughout your research.
It is important to identify a supervisor that shares an interest in your research topic.
Refer to the find a researcher webpage to search for a supervisor and their contact details.
You must contact a supervisor and receive in-principle approval for your research project. In order to submit evidence of this approval, you will need to include the completed Prospective Supervisor form when you apply for a research degree. Please note the following information before lodging your application:
- If you do not submit the Prospective Supervisor form, your application will not be considered.
- The institute makes final determination and approval for appropriate supervision for the proposed research.
- You must provide a Field of Research Code or your application will not be considered.
- You will need to meet the minimum academic entry requirements for admission - previous qualifications from overseas institutions. will be assessed for equivalence to Australian higher education degrees.
- You must meet the English Language Requirements.
The admissions team does not provide assistance to applicants seeking a supervisor.