Need to relocate for study or want to experience living and studying at Victoria University (VU) but need some help to make that happen? You can live and study in one of Melbourne’s most exciting inner-city suburbs!
VU is a world-class institute with a campus located in Footscray, just 5km on the western fringe of the city of Melbourne. It is located close to public transport and across the road from the beautiful Maribyrnong River. UniLodge is proud to operate VU’s only .
VU and UniLodge have teamed up to give eligible students a kickstart with an accommodation scholarship that will significantly subsidise the cost of accommodation for the first 12 months of your studies.
Applications currently not open.
Value & benefits
Scholarships are valued for 12 months and range in value from $3,900–7,280 to subsidise the cost of your accommodation from between $75–149 per week.
Scholarship value and weekly subsidised room costs vary depending on the type of room and duration of stay.
The scholarship applies up to a maximum of 12 months commencing from January 2022.
Standard accommodation rates would then apply from 1 January 2023. Accommodation commenced after 1 January 2022 will be pro-rated.
The following accommodation set up costs are payable by the student:
- $150 departure cleaning (charged either pre-arrival or on arrival)
- $500 security bond/deposit held (charged either pre-arrival or on arrival).
To be eligible, you must meet these criteria:
- eligible for Special Consideration under the following SEAS categories:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- care leaver or out-of-home care
- first in family
- financial disadvantage
- applied for an Access Scholarship at VU
- new commencing student enrolling in a full-time undergraduate course at VU.
Assessment & selection
All applications are submitted to VU’s Scholarships office to verify eligibility.
Applications will be processed on a first in first serve basis to eligible candidates until all places are filled.