Researcher development sessions
Within the research fundamentals category we run sessions and programs throughout the year focusing on:
- getting you started as a graduate researcher at VU, including the graduate researcher induction, library induction, and scholarship rights and responsibilities
- starting on your PhD, including preparing your literature review, first considerations, conceptualising your research project and how to present at conferences
- getting started as a ‘New to VU’ researcher, including the new researcher, research supervisor and library inductions
- managing research information, including how to use referencing tools such as Endnote
- preparing for thesis examination, including how to format your thesis and what examiners look for
- research data – what data you need to worry about, how to manage it and where to store it
- research writing, including writing bootcamps, retreats and the ‘Demystify your Thesis’ program.
For more information about scheduled sessions (including how to register) see the Researcher Development Program calendar.