While approaches to supervision, work styles and interactions with students may vary, our supervisors will provide:
- academic support to help develop the knowledge and skills to achieve the highest standard of research
- regular feedback on the design, management and analysis of data and information, presentation of results, thesis content and drafts
- advice on the standard of performance and progress to ensure timely completion
- the names and credentials of suitable thesis examiners
- close and regular contact to support you from commencement to the award of your degree
- career advice and assistance.
The supervision registration and development procedure sets out the steps and guidelines for:
- appointing internal HDR supervisors
- achieving, maintaining and reviewing HDR supervisor registration
- registration levels
- supervision development
- the de-registration process
- changes in supervision
- managing conflict.
If you wish to apply to register as a Higher Degree by Research supervisor, please complete the application for registration or upgrade as a graduate research supervisor form and attach all relevant information.
The completed application should be submitted to the Office for Researcher Training, Quality and Integrity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change of supervisor
If you wish to change your supervisor, you must obtain approval and complete an application for change in supervision.