BETA: A pre-accelerator for the planet by Victoria University.
VU RISE proudly presents BETA. BETA is a pre-accelerator program dedicated to supporting the next generation of researchers, students, industry and founders contributing to positively impacting people, place and planet.
This program, run over 5 weeks, is here to accelerate your research, startup or idea through inspiration, connection and a healthy dose of action.
Applications are currently closed.
Who the program is for
You're invited to apply if you have an idea to create impact and are a:
- startup founder
- industry partner
- staff member
- community member.
You may have a startup, an idea or a research project – this program gives you a boost over a collaborative, intensive, 5-week period.
- Learning content and mentoring from innovators in residence
- Connections to industry and the university
- Connections and collaboration to a cohort of like-minded projects/people/startups
- Accountability of a fast-paced program pre-accelerator
- The opportunity to receive the $5k Fiona Myer Entrepreneurship award based on action taken and the final pitch.
Thanks to BETA we literally went from idea to transaction in 3 weeks.
- Priyanka Ashrav, Founder, The Creative Cooperative
If taking part in the program, you will attend two one-hour sessions per week:
- content session on Tuesdays, 4–5pm
- check-ins on Friday, 8.30–9.30am.
You will also have the opportunity to connect with program mentors.
Outside of these sessions you will have to dedicate time to:
- talking to users/other researchers
- building minimum viable products (MVPs)
- crafting pitches
- building your idea or startup (as stated in the application process).