Researchers in this area work with key community and government partners to explore the complex relationships between diverse people and communities, built infrastructure and natural environments and identify practical policies and evidence-based interventions to build more resilient and inclusive communities.
Research topics in building resilient & inclusive communities
Research topics reflect the breadth of knowledge required to engage with and solve the complex challenges facing communities. These include:
- community, building and strengthening identity, creativity, cultural diversity, and resilience within communities
- Indigenous cultures and communities
- disability, gender and cultural diversity in sport
- religious and racial intolerance and discrimination
- displacement and identity
- community health and wellbeing
- relationships between community and the built environment
- transportation systems engineering
- alternative energies, smart energy applications and devices
- applied ecology and conservation management
- developing low energy processes for water treatment.
Our partnerships in this field provide opportunities for research collaboration with organisations such as:
- Australian Football League (AFL)
- Australian Multicultural Foundation
- Centre for Multicultural Youth
- City West Water
- Footscray Community Arts Centre
- Western Health
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Victoria Police.
Research in this area is pursued by researchers in our newly formed research institutes:
- Institute for Sustainable Industries and Liveable Cities
- Institute for Sport, Health and Active Living
We are keen to engage with local, national and international research organisations, industries, communities and governments to undertake research that has a substantial and mutually beneficial impact.
Contact us to find out how you can work with us.
Email: [email protected].