Our research covers a range of topics, including:
- Effectiveness of exercise and physical activity interventions in promoting mental health and wellbeing and preventing mental illness
- Effectiveness of physical activity and exercise interventions in the prevention and treatment of secondary physical health problems associated with mental illness
- Effectiveness of physical activity and exercise interventions in the prevention and treatment of secondary mental health problems associated with poor physical health and/or chronic disease
- Effect of physical activity on the immune system, inflammatory biomarkers and immune cell functionality
- Prevalence, trends, correlates and determinants of physical activity among people with mental health problems and in mental health settings
- Assessing and addressing the barriers and facilitators to engaging in physical activity for mental health at individual, group/family, community, service provider, service delivery and government levels.