Please contact us for further information about current technologies or the commercial application of our research focus areas.
We provide strategic advice, new and improved products, processes and technologies that can be applied by our partners in:
- the not-for-profit sector
- other universities and research organisations.
David Kay, Executive Manager, Research Innovation & Industry
David has been working in the field of innovation for over 20 years in industry, government and university. He has a comprehensive perspective on collaboration creating value for all.
David's broad knowledge, skills and expertise enable him to develop collaborations across industries, technologies, cultures and generations by turning ideas into valuable products, processes or services.
David's focus at Victoria University translates into cultivating and executing collaborations with finance, industry and government to enable valuable research to be applied for the benefit of the economy, society and environment.
Phone: +61 3 9919 5440
Dr Andrew Gaff, Research Funding & Commercial Senior Manager
Dr Andrew Gaff has over 10 years' experience in university collaboration and strategic partnership development, developing research and engagement strategies and managing relationships which drive innovation and deliver tangible outcomes for industry partners.
Andrew builds research collaborations with industry partners, especially in the areas of health, biomedicine, business, sport and exercise science.
Contact Andrew for assistance in collaborating with the following colleges, institutes and centres:
- College of Business
- College of Health & Biomedicine
- College of Sport & Exercise Science
- Australian Health Policy Collaboration
- Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention & Management
- Centre of Policy Studies
- Institute of Sport, Exercise & Active Living
- Institute for Supply Chain & Logistics
- Victoria Institute of Strategic Economic Studies.
Phone: +61 3 9919 5405
Dr Patrick Guay, Research Funding & Commercial Senior Manager
Dr Patrick-Jean Guay joined the Research Funding Development Team in 2013 after two postdoctoral and academic appointments at The University of Melbourne and Victoria University.
He is now a Research Funding and Commercial Senior Manager for the Colleges of Engineering and Science, Arts and Education and Law and Justice.
Contact Patrick for assistance in collaborating with the following colleges, institutes and centres:
- College of Arts & Education
- College of Engineering & Science
- College of Law & Justice
- Bushfire & Natural Hazards CRC
- Centre for Applied Informatics
- Centre for Cultural Diversity & Wellbeing (CCDW)
- Centre for Environmental Safety & Risk Engineering (CESARE)
- Centre for International Research on Education Systems (CIRES)
- Institute for Sustainability & Innovation (ISI)
- Mitchell Institute
- Moondani Balluk
- Sir Zelman Cowen Centre (SZCC)
- Victoria Institute.
Phone: +61 3 9919 2993 or 0439 309 133
Louise Bester, Research Contracts Manager
Louise has been involved in negotiating, developing and critiquing legal documents for over 20 years. She has developed key expertise in contract law, with practical and commercial application in a University environment.
Louise previously practised as a lawyer in South Africa, and worked in the government sphere as a legal advisor. She gained extensive commercially-focused experience working in the film industry.
She understands how to successfully operate and provide high standards of service delivery in a fast paced, demand-driven environment.
Contact Louise for all research contracts.
Phone:+61 3 9919 5365