The Research Student Lounge and Research Room are located at Footscray Park and Werribee campus libraries. They are available for VU research students including PhD, Professional Doctorate, Masters by Research students (not coursework) and Honours students only.
Footscray Park Research Student Lounge
The Research Student Lounge is located on Level 4 of the Footscray Park Library, Room P416.
Facilities & services
- PCs connected to the VU network
- power points for laptops and other devices
- WiFi access
- storage lockers - locker keys are available for loan from the Library Service Desk on Level 2 for a period of three months and can normally be renewed subject to demand
- kitchen facilities.
Please note this is not a quiet study space; however, respect for other users is appreciated. Entry is by access fob during the Footscray Park Library service hours.
St Albans Research Rooms
Werribee Research Room
Apply for an access fob
Research students can apply for an access fob (electronic key) by completing a Fob Access form and delivering it to the Library Service Desk on Level 2 of Footscray Park Library or the Werribee Library Service Desk, or email a scanned copy of the form to [email protected].
- Forms are available from the Footscray Park and Werribee Library Service Desks or can be requested by sending an email to [email protected].
- The Library authorises this form, so you do not need to get it signed by your Head of School.
- Please print your name, student ID number and email address clearly on the form.
- Fob access is valid for one year only (until 30 April of the following year). An application to renew fob access is required upon expiry.
- Applications may take up to 14 days to be processed.
Collecting your access fob
Fourteen days after submission of the application form, please check at the Security Office (E101) at Footscray Park Campus or Security in Building 3 at the Werribee Campus to see if your access fob is ready to be collected. If the access fob is not collected within a month, the application is cancelled and the fob is no longer available.
For queries about fob collection, email [email protected].
- Fob access is to Library research facilities only.
- You are responsible for the access fob that is issued to you, and it is not transferable.
- Your campus Security Office must be notified immediately if your access fob is lost or damaged.
- You are required to return the access fob to the Library when you complete your course.