Loan periods may vary depending on the type of item you are borrowing (standard or restricted) and your relationship with Victoria University (staff member, student, research candidate, or external borrower).
All VU members – VU TAFE and undergraduate students, VU staff, VU postgraduate students (PhD, Masters and Honours), have an unlimited number of loans.
The standard loan period varies for VU members:
- VU TAFE and undergraduate students – 28 days
- VU staff, VU postgraduate students (PhD, Masters and Honours) – 84 days (12 weeks) or equivalent to a semester.
The loan period for all non-VU members is 28 days, with a maximum of 10 loan items.
Certain items held by the Library will be restricted to shorter loan periods due to high demand.
- Books in high demand – one, three or 14 days
- Audiovisual (DVDs) – seven or 14 days (normally)
- Audiovisual (all other types) – seven days (normally)
- Restricted audiovisual – one day
- Reserve collection – two hours (within the Library only)
- Laptops – (student use only) photo ID, student ID card or access to MyVU app required – five hours.