An application fee of $28.90 applies to requests for access to documents under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI). The application fee increases on 1 July each year.
Payment needs to be made with your application. You can pay:
- by credit card via Freedom of Information web payment.
- in person (for Victoria University staff and students) – visit VUHQ on any campus.
- by cheque or money order – please attach to your application.
Under the FOI (Access Charges) Regulations 2014, the following charges may apply:
- search charges - $20.90 per hour or part thereof
- supervision charges - $5.00 for every 15 minutes
- photocopying charges - 20c per black and white A4 page
- providing access in a form other than photocopying - reasonable costs incurred by the University in providing copies
- charge for listening to or viewing a tape - reasonable costs incurred by the University in making arrangements to listen to or view (supervision charges also apply)
- charge for making a written transcript out of a tape - reasonable costs incurred by the University in providing written transcript.
Payments can be made by credit card, in person or by cheque or money order as outlined above.
Fee exemptions & reductions
Fees and charges may be waived or reduced due to financial hardship. Please contact the FOI Officer to apply for a fee waiver. You will need to outline your reasons and attach documentary evidence such as a photocopy of your Centrelink Card.