Victoria University offers a range of summer and winter school elective units for students to undertake during the two main semester breaks. Units are offered at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Summer school is also known as Study Period 3 and winter school is known as Study Period 4, both are only available for Higher Education students.
When considering enrolling in a summer or winter unit, please be aware that enrolment is subject to minimum and maximum student numbers.
Benefits of summer & winter school study
- Lower student to teacher ratio
- Shorter time frame to complete a unit
- Faster completion of credit points toward your qualification
- Potential opportunity to repeat failed units in order to meet pre-requisites for the following semester
- Weekend classes and short intensives available in some instances.
Higher Education, Semester 3, 2016/2017 (Summer school)
- 21 October 2016 – Summer timetable will be available for students to view
- 31 October 2016 – Timetable published
- 31 October 2016 – Online enrolment will be open for selecting units of study
- 4 November 2016 (4pm) – MyTimetable open in Allocation Adjustment Mode
- 14 November 2016 – Summer school semester 3 begins
- 4 December 2016 – MyTimetable closes Allocation Adjustment – read only (4pm)
- 23 December 2016 – Last day to add units for online enrolments – (11.59pm)
- 13 January 2017 – MyTimetable closes now Read-only Mode – (4pm)
- 13 January 2017 – Census date (online enrolment closes)
- 23 January 2017 – Examination timetable released
- 3 February 2017 – Summer school semester 3 finishes
- 6 February 2017 – Examinations begin
- 10 February 2017 – Examinations finish
- 22 February 2017 – Examination results released in MYVU portal.
Step 1: Check which units are offered
Step 1: Check which units are offered for summer (semester 3 ) or winter school (semester 4). Please note that not all colleges offer units over summer/winter.
Unit offerings for winter school will be published on 1 May 2017.
These units are subject to change at the discretion of Victoria University.
Step 2: Check the timetable planner
Step 2: Check Timetable Planner to find out when the unit is offered.
Have a look at the Timetable Planner hints & tips if you get stuck.
Step 3: Enrol
Step 3: Enrol online.
You will be able to enrol in available summer or winter school units online via MYVU Portal when enrolment opens. When selecting units, ensure you select semester 3 for summer of semester 4 for winter.
- Cross institutional inbound application and authorisation – A41b
- If you're not a VU student use this form to apply to study a unit at VU that will be counted towards your course at another institution.
Non award Unit of Study application/enrolment (higher education) – A42
Use this form to apply to study a single higher education single subject that does not contribute to a course (non-award enrolment).
Find out about enrolment fees and charges for domestic students.
If you have any questions about summer or winter school please contact us via phone or in person.
Phone: +61 3 9919 6100