This page contains legislative updates regarding student fees.
In mid-2020 the Australian Government announced a range of reforms to improve the higher education sector. These reforms involved the following key changes:
- adjusted repayment thresholds
- combined HELP loan limit.
- improved support for regional higher education
- rural and regional enterprise scholarships.
- performance-based funding growth for universities
- transparency for university teaching and research.
- introduction of new completion rate requirements for students commencing in 2022.
This page was last updated 7 December 2022.