To keep your place in your higher education (HE) course, you must take one of the following actions with regard to your fees:
- pay your fees by the HE payment deadline
- submit a Commonwealth Assistance Form with a valid Tax File Number (TFN) or TFN certificate by the first census date to defer the total cost of your course.
Students who are making upfront payments will incur a financial penalty if fees are not paid by the relevant payment deadline. This applies in these circumstances:
- you are not eligible for a HELP loan(s)
- you have elected not to use a loan
- you are paying your fees up front but have not paid by the payment deadline for the relevant study period.