When appearing in the clauses below the following words and terms mean:
- student - any person officially enrolled in a unit of study or course taught jointly between the University and any other institution
- invigilator - members of the University's academic or general staff or any other person authorised to assume responsibility for supervision and/or organisation of a University examination
- examination room - any place in which a University examination shall be or is being conducted
- during an examination - the period of time from the start of an examination until its conclusion including time allowed for reading an examination paper
- good cause - when applied to exclusion from an examination room this term means any breach of the requirements or any conduct on the part of a student which can be classified as "misconduct" under University Discipline Statutes or Regulations.
These rules and regulations, where appropriate, will also apply outside an examination room.