MATLAB is a high-level language and interactive environment for numerical computation, visualisation, and programming.
You can analyse data, develop algorithms, and create models and applications with MATLAB. The language, tools, and built-in math functions enable you to explore multiple approaches and reach a solution faster than with spreadsheets or traditional programming languages, such as C/C++ or Java.
You can use MATLAB for a range of applications, including:
- signal processing and communications
- image and video processing
- control systems
- test and measurement
- computational finance
- computational biology.
More than a million engineers and scientists in industry and academia use MATLAB, the language of technical computing.
Obtain the MATLAB software on campus
- Complete the online form for Software Installation, located on the ITS Service Desk.
- Ensure your PC name (located on the desktop icon 'Computer') and contact details are correct.
- ITS Service Desk will log a work request for the installation.
Home access of MATLAB software for staff and students
- Contact the ITS Servicedesk via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or ITS Service Desk to request home access.
- Once the home use license has been activated you will receive an email with instructions on how to download the software at home.
For further information about the product is available on the Mathworks website.