MATLAB is a high-level language and interactive environment for numerical computation, visualisation, and programming.
You can analyse data, develop algorithms, and create models and applications with MATLAB. The language, tools, and built-in math functions enable you to explore multiple approaches and reach a solution faster than with spreadsheets or traditional programming languages, such as C/C++ or Java.
You can use MATLAB for a range of applications, including:
- signal processing and communications
- image and video processing
- control systems
- test and measurement
- computational finance
- computational biology.
More than a million engineers and scientists in industry and academia use MATLAB, the language of technical computing.
How to get Matlab software
Victoria University offers a Campus-Wide License to MATLAB, Simulink, and companion toolboxes.
Students are covered by the Campus-Wide License and can install software on their home or laptop computers.
- Go to Victoria University’ s MATLAB Portal to download the software.
- Click ‘Sign in to get started’ in the Download MATLAB box.
- You will be asked to create a MathWorks Account. Once you do that, you will be associated to our MATLAB license and will be able to:
- Download and activate software on your personal computer
- Start using MATLAB Online from a web browser.
If you are not familiar with MATLAB, please complete the 2 hour MATLAB Onramp tutorial that can also be found on Victoria University’s MATLAB Portal by clicking “Get free training” in the MATLAB Training box.
For issues related to your MATLAB installation, contact MathWorks Support.