The Student Leadership Council is an opportunity for Victoria University (VU) staff and students to meet on a regular basis and discuss matters within the VU community.
The agenda often involves relay of feedback and information on various student-led initiatives and university programs. Our meetings also provide opportunities for students and staff to network.
The main goal is to share ideas and initiatives for the benefit of the larger VU student cohort. If you are a member of a club or society, or other student-led initiative, please email email@example.com to schedule a presentation time.
- Represent a broad range of student interests and perspectives of university stakeholders
- Provide insight and advice on student concerns, issues and act as a major forum for discussion and collaboration in the VU community
- Act as a key stakeholder in the development, implementation and review of strategies, policies and developments that affect the overall VU student leadership experience.
- Support student leaders in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities as members of university and student organisations governance boards.
The Student Leadership Council for 2018 will be held on:
- Wednesday 22 August: Victoria University, Footscray Park Campus, Council Chamber, Building K, Level 6, Time: 4.30pm – 6pm
- Tuesday 11 September: Victoria University, City Flinders Street Campus, Level 9, Room 9.15, Time: 4.30pm - 6pm
- Wednesday 17 October: Victoria University, Footscray Park Campus, Council Chamber, Building K, Level 6, Time: 4.30pm – 6pm.
Join the Student Leadership Council
We welcome all students across Victoria University and Victoria Polytechnic to join our Student Leadership Council. We value diversity of student leaders and believe in opportunity for all.
Even if you don't think you are a leader, you might be wrong! Leadership is more than a title. Leadership is about the ability to influence others and work towards a common goal.
Our meetings empower student leaders to express their opinions about various VU initiatives to help make positive change.
Contact us to learn more