The Talent Connect Alumni Mentoring Program is a career and job-readiness program designed to help final-year students successfully transition from university to the world of work.
The program offers a series of highly engaging, practical and interactive masterclasses during your final year of study. These ensure you are well prepared to navigate the job-search and graduate-employment market.
Once you have graduated, you will receive a further six months of personalised, practical career support from your alumni mentor.
Aimed to set you up for career success, this unique program is committed to supporting you to succeed beyond your academic studies.
The Alumni Mentoring Program offers you access to a series of masterclasses, designed and delivered by experts in the careers, recruitment and employability fields.
In addition to learning to navigate graduate-recruitment processes, you will:
- create and practise your elevator pitch
- develop your own responses to interview questions
- participate in mock interviews
- start designing a practical career action plan.
The Alumni Mentoring Program will match you with an experienced industry professional, and former student of VU, who will work closely with you for six months after graduation.
As you begin to apply for jobs in the highly competitive graduate employment market, your mentor will:
- support you to gain valuable industry insights
- advise you on how to develop strong industry connections
- provide you with career advice and support.