Student Life Grants provide groups of students, individuals and clubs with additional funding for events that support the engagement of students at VU.
- Do you have an idea for an event but need the funds to kick it off?
- Is there a speaker or activity you would like to host for student but can’t afford?
- Is there a campaign you'd like to support but don't know where to start?
Student Life Grants might just be the support you need!
The grants are available to currently enrolled VU students, and currently affiliated VU Clubs, Societies or Associations.
The initiative or event can be social or academic in focus, with a demonstrated benefit to the VU community.
Eligible student applicants may receive up to $500 to cover and/or subsidise the costs of their initiative or event.
How to apply
Chat to a Student Life Officer about your idea, then submit your application in writing before the grant due date. You'll need to provide all details listed in Parts A and B below.
Part A: Personal details
All group members must list the following details:
- Full name
- Student ID number
- Program of study
- Contact number
- Email address
Note: All members involved in the initiative must be currently enrolled VU students.
Part B: Tell us more!
Please respond to the following criteria, taking care to provide extra detail if necessary. If you have supporting documents from lecturers, fellow students or other community bodies, please attach provide them along with your application.
- A detailed outline of the proposed initiative, event or activity i.e. what are you proposing to do? When and where will it take place? (200 words)
- Outline the key objectives/outcomes of your proposed initiative, idea or event. (200 words)
- Outline a detailed budget for your activity, including the amount you wish to apply for in dollar terms. Where possible, provide quotes from potential shops, services, facilities, etc. that you are planning to use. (200 words)
- How will your project benefit the wider VU student community? (100 words)
- How are you going to promote your initiative? (100 words)
- After your project is complete, how will you evaluate whether you have successfully achieved your key objectives/outcomes. (100 words)
- Successful applicants must report back to Student Life (who provides the grant) and the wider student body. These reports can take a number of forms, so you can be as creative as you like. How you will report back? (100 words)
Your application will go before a panel. They can fully fund, partially fund or reject your application.
If you are successful, you will be notified and can come in to collect the funding. You'll need to report back on your use of the funds - failure to do so will reflect badly on future applications.
Student Life Grants 2019 application deadlines not available yet. Check back early 2019.
For further information about Student Life Grants, contact Student Life on:
Phone:+61 3 9919 2654
Email: [email protected].
Download and complete our .
Your VU Clubs Officer is available to meet with you to offer their support to your club or society. Whether you have a question about the affiliation process, running an event, or how to get more funding, we are here to help out.
You can email the VU Clubs Officer on to [email protected] to request a meeting time, or call +61 3 9919 2454.