EnactusVU supports student-led projects that create solutions for social and environmental problems in our communities. EnactusVU is the Victoria University branch of Enactus, an international not-for-profit organisation dedicated to inspiring students to improve the world through entrepreneurial action.
Working as a team to tackle global issues - as defined by the United Nations Global Goals - students will be mentored by educators and business-people. This collaborative work aims to positively transform the lives of people in their community and around the world, by developing and implementing solutions to real-world problems.
As a member of EnactusVU you will:
- be challenged and stimulated with hands-on experiential learning to develop the attributes and characteristics of a leader
- build key skills that include inspiring and leading, building teams, critical thinking, effective communications and sustainability - skills that will increase your employability and 'future-proof' your career
- build confidence and enhance your problem-solving skills through real-world challenges
- increase your social awareness as a citizen of the world
- gain new perspectives
- make a genuine contribution and a positive difference to the lives of people in communities that you will work in.
Each year, Enactus university teams across Australia compete for the ‘Best Social Enterprise Project’ award. The winning team has the opportunity to compete internationally against other Enactus teams, in the Enactus World Cup.
If you have a desire to make a difference, to use entrepreneurial action to empower people and improve their livelihood in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable way, then the EnactusVU program is for you.
Time commitment for this program is approximately 2 -5 hours per week.