By studying a HE Diploma, you will:
- enjoy more focused academic and English support with smaller class sizes, to better prepare you for success when you transfer to a bachelor degree
- be guaranteed entry into the second year of nominated bachelor degrees, following successful completion of the diploma
- study at a university, with full access to our resources and facilities
- reduce your overall tuition fees through cheaper fees (than a bachelor) in the first year of study
- study longer semesters with more time to develop your academic skills.
Achieve more with the VU Block Model
We are the first Australian university to use a 'block' model of learning, where you study one unit at a time rather than juggling several at once. The VU Block Model has improved our student results and achievements, and has won awards for innovation and excellence.
You'll study in short bursts, called blocks, of three 2-3 hour face-to-face teaching sessions per week.
Each block focuses on one unit (subject) and is only four weeks long, with up to four days between. Our two semesters have four blocks each, and there are optional blocks over winter and summer where you can catch up on a missed unit.
Some courses have labs and pracs too, and these are generally scheduled on the same days as teaching sessions. There are also workshops where you'll develop your study skills and prepare for your future career.
Find out more about the VU Block Model.