We are seeking student nominations for Academic Board end of term and casual vacancies, with nominations open from Monday, 3 August 2020 to Friday, 14 August 2020.
VU has always benefited from having elected student members on its principle academic and education advisory body: the Academic Board.
The voice of the students is highly valued particularly during this time of transformational change at VU. Membership on the Academic Board provides a valuable leadership opportunity and professional experience for student representatives.
The term of office for these positions will begin 1 November 2020 and end 31 October 2022.
The term of office for the student elected to the onshore international position will commence once duly elected and will conclude 31 October 2021.
The positions to be filled are:
- one student elected by and from students enrolled in a higher education degree by coursework course of study
- one student elected by and from students enrolled in a vocational and/or further education course of study
- one student elected by and from onshore international students.
To be eligible to nominate for these positions on the Academic Board, you must meet both of the following criteria:
- be a resident in Australia and enrolled in a minimum of 0.5 fraction of the full-time study load
- meet one of the category requirements within (6)(e) of the Academic Board Regulations 2017.
Nomination process & form
Student candidates must complete all sections of the nomination form, and are invited to submit a policy statement of up to 200 words in support of their nomination.
You can download the nomination form below:
- Higher Education degree by coursework course of study
- Vocational and/or Further Education course of study
- Onshore international student
Important dates for student election
All valid nominations must be received by the Governance and Secretariat Unit by the closing date, by forwarding to [email protected].
A ballot will be required if more than one nomination is received for a category.
- Nominations open: 9am (AEST) Monday, 3 August 2020
- Nominations close: 4pm (AEST) Friday, 14 August 2020
- Election opens (if required): 9am (AEST) Monday, 7 September 2020
- Election closes: 4pm (AEST), Friday, 18 September 2020
Eligibility for VU Extra Transcript
Upon graduation, elected student members may be eligible to receive a VU Extra Transcript after completion of a term on the Academic Board. This is formal recognition of a student's commitment, involvement and contribution to a VU governance committee.
To be eligible for a VU Extra Transcript, students must fulfil the following criteria:
- high level of involvement (minimum 20 hours)
- demonstrated the development of skills associated with VU's graduate capabilities, such as effective communication, responsible and ethical citizenship, intercultural understanding and life-long learning
- demonstrated the development of skills required to fulfil employment or other entrepreneurial endeavours
- attendance/participation will be reviewed by the Chair of the Academic Board.