Research Ambassadors are here from 4-24 July to help research students build their research skills.
During the mid-year break, as you keep working on your thesis, you can seek help from the Research Ambassadors. Research Ambassadors at Victoria University provide peer-to-peer support to research students (including honours students) and research staff.
As a current research student, you can seek help with building your research skills:
- candidature preparation
- writing support for literature review, research proposal and thesis chapters
- data and file management
- research design and methodology
- mathematical modelling
- IT troubleshooting
- Library research databases.
Personal development and transition
If you are a new research student, you can always chat with a Research Ambassador for help with:
- cultural transition: adapting to living in Australia
- academic transition: adapting to life as a research student or staff and its associated challenges
- campus transition: finding services and staff for appropriate support (referral service).
Research Ambassadors are here to help you with:
- a question that you may have but do not know who to ask; the Research Ambassador will find a contact and get back to you
- ideas and questions you may have in relation to your candidature.
Contact a Research Ambassador
Contact the Research Ambassadors on campus from 11am to 2pm:
- at City Flinders Campus, Room 9.10a, on Tuesday 4 July and Thursday 20 July
- at Footscray Park Campus, Building P, Room P416 Research Lounge, on Friday 30 June, Thursday 13 July and Monday 24 July.
If you are off campus, you can contact the Research Ambassadors:
- by phone at City Flinders Campus, +61 478 405 117, on Tuesday 4 July and Thursday 20 July
- by phone at Footscray Park Campus, +61 478 405 113, on Friday 30 June, Thursday 13 July and Monday 24 July
- via email at seekRA@vu.edu.au
- on Skype (look for contact name 'vuseekra').