As a VU student or staff, you have free access to LinkedIn Learning for online training to develop business, technology and creative skills for your study and career.
LinkedIn Learning provides over 15,000 expert-led, online courses and video tutorials to suit your learning needs.
- Learn anytime anywhere on desktop, laptop or mobile – download the LinkedIn Learning app from Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Learn the way that works best for you:
- transcripts and closed captions for visual learning
- audio for learning on the go, or
- notebook, exercise files and quizzes for active learning.
- Learn skills within 30 minutes or spend more time to complete a learning path.
Creating your account
You can create your LinkedIn Learning account in many ways:
- within VU Collaborate at the point of clicking on your course resources
- within the staff portal (MyVU Portal)
- via the library’s A-Z Databases: LinkedIn Learning.
Your LinkedIn Learning account is for accessing online learning content and is not a personal LinkedIn profile.
Upon creating your account, you have the option to connect your LinkedIn Learning account to your existing LinkedIn profile or create a LinkedIn profile. Connecting is optional. You can access LinkedIn Learning without connecting to your LinkedIn profile.
If you choose to connect, you will get:
- more personalised content recommendations based on a given job function or skills
- insights into learning trends and skills needed to succeed in your field
- more opportunities to engage in learning via your LinkedIn profile.
Using LinkedIn Learning
Once you have created your LinkedIn Learning account, you can start learning.
- View the Gaining skills with LinkedIn Learning video to identify and add the skills to learn and set a learning goal.
- Search for courses - business, creative and technology courses related to your learning goal – view the How to use LinkedIn Learning video to help you find content.
- Develop core skills with videos such as:
- Download video courses for offline viewing.
- Complete your course, download your certificate of completion and add your certificate to your LinkedIn profile.