Victorian lockdown update
From 11.59pm on Thursday 15 July Victoria went into lockdown for five days, until 11.59pm on Tuesday 20 July. This is in response to the growing community outbreak of COVID-19 across Greater Metropolitan Melbourne and regional areas.
This means that you are only permitted to leave home for five reasons:
- shopping for essential goods and services (within 5kms)
- caregiving or compassionate grounds
- attending essential work or permitted education
- exercising (two-hours per day within 5kms)
- getting COVID tested or vaccinated.
We encourage you to get vaccinated if you are eligible. Please see COVID-19 Vaccination and Patient resources for the latest government information and news.
Please check your VU email account, MyVU and VU Collaborate regularly for further advice, particularly for further information regarding potential changes to any scheduled on-campus activity planned during the lockdown period.
If you are attending campus for any reason
We need your help in keeping the VU community safe. When on campus you will need to:
- wear a face mask in all indoor settings (unless a lawful exemption applies) and outdoors where physical distancing isn’t possible
- check into all buildings when you enter using the Victorian Government’s QR Code Service
- complete daily health screenings for anyone coming on to campus which are undertaken via the VU Safe App
- log into VU’s WiFi network
- do not attend campus if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms. Please get tested immediately, no matter how mild your symptoms are.
Help is available
The lockdown announcement may be causing you to feel anxious. We encourage you to reach out and connect with your friends, family and peers at this time. Victoria University also offers support services that can help you should you wish to speak with a counsellor or seek other assistance.
Where home environment or carer responsibilities make remote learning too difficult, please discuss with your teacher or unit convenor to ensure you are not disadvantaged in your study program.
We will continue to update you with information on our response to COVID-19. Please make sure you regularly check your student email accounts, VU social media, MyVU and the FAQs for information as it becomes available.
Please contact the COVID Safe team if you have any concerns about keeping COVID-Safe or if you have any questions, you can access ASKVU, email us, speak to us via live chat or call us on +61 3 9919 6100.