There are currently no confirmed cases among VU students and staff.
VU has implemented a number of prevention strategies, which include:
- suspension of on-campus teaching for a week 23–27 March
- moving to remote course delivery where possible
- suspension of on-campus events
- increased cleaning in public spaces
- distribution of hand sanitiser
- displaying correct hand-hygiene posters throughout all campuses
- encouraging social distancing and working from home where possible
- promoting the guidelines announced by the Federal Government (where it is appropriate or practical to do so).
We have established a campus-wide response plan in the event that anyone presents with symptoms of the condition.
If anyone, student or staff, has concerns about the health status of another person at the University, they should contact Security at the number below, who will arrange first aid assistance and follow appropriate protocols.
To report concerns on campus, call +61 3 9919 6666.