Applications are open for the Victoria Business Confucius Institute (VBCI) China Tour, to take place in November this year. Up to 20 VU students will be chosen for a subsidised tour to Beijing and Yunnan, visiting historic sites and successful Chinese businesses.
This is a unique opportunity to experience China and its culture. During the visit, students will:
- visit the most famous historic and scenic sites,
- do field research at leading Chinese companies
- connect with students at the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE)
- attend a Mandarin and Chinese Culture immersion training program.
To help students prepare for the tour, VBCI will hold a 6-hour course in basic Mandarin and Chinese culture.
The tour will be co-hosted by the following institutes:
- Chinese Language Council International (Hanban)
- University of International Business and Economics (UIBE)
- Victoria Business Confucius Institute at Victoria University.
The Victoria Business Confucius Institute (VBCI) was jointly established by Victoria University (VU) and the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE) in November 2015 at VU.
Costs & sponsorship
The estimated cost of this trip for participants is AUD$1500 per person, which covers international airfares and visa application fees. A deposit of $200 is required to confirm a place.
All other costs are covered by the sponsors, including:
- Hotel rooms (double occupancy) in China
- Group meals in China
- Group transportation in China
- Group sightseeing and entrance tickets in China
- Travel & Accident Insurance in China (participants are responsible for their regular medical insurance).
- Applications: 19 August 2019 - 30 September 2019
- Pre-tour course: October 2019
- Tour dates (to be confirmed): 17–30 November 2019
This trip is on a first-come first-serve basis.
Students should RSVP on or before September 30 by email to Mr Alonso Wang at email@example.com.