We are seeking student nominations for the Academic Board, in the Vocational and or Further Education student category, with nominations open from 9 November 2020 to 20 November 2020.
VU has always benefitted from having elected student members on its principal academic and education advisory body: the Academic Board.
The voice of the students is highly valued particularly during this time of transformational change at VU. Membership on the Academic Board provides a valuable leadership opportunity and professional experience for student representatives.
The position to be filled at the Academic Board election is:
- One student elected by and from students enrolled in a Vocational and/or Further Education course of study.
The term of office will commence once duly elected and will expire 31 October 2022.
Students eligible to nominate for these positions on the Academic Board must meet these criteria:
- Be a resident in Australia and enrolled in a minimum of 0.5 fraction of the full-time study load.
- Meet the category requirements within Section (6)(5)(3) of the Academic Board Regulations 2017.
Student candidates must complete all sections of the nomination form and are invited to submit a policy statement of up to 200 words in support of their nomination.
Download the nomination form:
Important dates for student election
All valid nominations must be received by the Governance and Secretariat Unit by nomination closing time, by forwarding to [email protected].
A ballot will only be required if more than one nomination is received for a category.
- Nominations open: 9am AEST, Monday 9 November 2020.
- Nominations close: 4pm AEST, Friday 20 November.
- Election opens (if required): 9am AEST, Wednesday 2 December 2020.
- Election closes: 4pm AEST, Tuesday 15 December 2020.
Find out more
If you wish to find out more about the Academic Board, you are encouraged to explore our information or get in touch.